Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekend Freebie!

Hello everyone!

    I hope you are enjoying the fall weather out there, here in Maryland it is windy with a bit of a chil. I'm inside enjoying some Lifetime movies and making things for the kiddos.  Next week is a two day week for the kids, Wednesday is conference day, Thursday is PD allllll day, and Friday is a day off! Needless to say we are going to spend this two day week doing some fun activities inspired all of you out there.
     One thing I have finished is my Digraph detectives pages.  It's nothing too fancy but I think it will do the trick.  For anyone out there that uses Wilson Fundations for phonics this will go well with Unit 3 all about what else.....digraphs: ck, ch wh, th, sh are the focus for the upcoming weeks.  Once I do an intro and some word making together we will get to be detectives. I've uploaded my digraph detective pages here. I'm printing the stars out on colored paper to save on colored ink :) Basically I will tape the stars all over the room and this kiddos will search for them and write them in on the recording sheet (also attached). Enjoy! I'll take pictures of my detectives when we do this activity.

Enjoy the Fall weather! Hopefully my upload works!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, We are Mrs. Barrow's second grade class. We received your postcard today. We loved hearing from you. Did you receive snow this weekend?
    Happy post carding,
    Team Barrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Sorry it took us so long to write back, we did not get any snow, just a few flakes, did you? We love getting all the postcards and learning about each state! What's your favorite thing about second grade? We love reading and math in first grade!

    ReplyDelete